Saturday, January 3, 2009

Waking Up

I was reading thru various posts on Zen to Done last night. And stumbled upon this post, about getting up earlier. It was written in 2007 so a lot of people would have already read it but I hadn't. The quote from the Dalai Lama, who said, ” Everyday, think as you wake up, ‘today I am fortunate to have woken up, I am alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it. I am going to use all my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others, to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings, I am going to have kind thoughts towards others, I am not going to get angry or think badly about others, I am going to benefit others as much as I can.’ was very touching. I'd like to be able to go thru my day like this.

The article went on to show various great reason why starting the day a bit earlier is a good idea but I loved point 8 about having a weekly goal and a mini goal each day to help you reach your weekly goal. I have a lot of things I need to get done over the next several months, with the move into the new house looming. So I think a weekly goal would be a good idea instead of what I'm doing now, casually jumping from one thing to another and getting nothing done.

I'd like to be able to get up earlier each day, our current is about 7am, my youngest woke at about 7 today and we held her off and tried to get her to keep quiet until 7.30 when we all got up. This is not a good start to the day and its also going to create a rushed and stressful morning when we introduce school runs next month.

Today's goals: The house is a mess, after the girls got home yesterday I went food shopping and they trashed the place while hubby watch grrr, I ended up going to bed at the same time as them and leaving him with cleaning up the kitchen but the rest of the house....

Also after thinking about all that needs to be done around here, I've decided getting both our business and personal accounts up to date is the top priority. So I'll be working on those on and off all day today, I say on and off all day because I'll be constantly interrupted by the girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment